photo tabbreaker.jpg

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our Happenings Since the Last Posting

Has it really been over a month since my last post! I feel like only a week has gone by although a lot has happened since October...a whole lot! So just a warning now this could be a rather long post, but I'm planning on getting back on the blogging wagon so here we go...

We started off November 1st by closing on our house! It was an exciting yet uneventful day considering we wouldn't be moving into the house for another month. We did the whole process of buying the house without a Realtor on either end and for the most part I would say it was a good experience for our first house. The seller was great to work with and we were able to work everything out between us where we were both happy.

I spent the next couple of weeks packing our apartment along with finishing some of my online classes. A huge thanks to my mom who came out for a week and helped with the girls while I did this! During that time Mia got her first haircut at a salon. She was very nervous because there was a guy who cut her hair and she is in that stage where she is very shy of men. After a few suckers she warmed up to him a little and the end result was super cute!


Also within the month of November Livy started sitting up all by herself and eating real food. There hasn't really been anything yet that she hasn't liked. My baby is growing up! Not crawling yet, but I don't mind all that much.

So after getting everything packed and cleaned that I could we left for Oregon the last week of November to spend Thanksgiving with Sara and her family. We lucked out of having to make the long drive that we originally were planning to make since Eric had enough flying mile for us all to fly for free as well as a free car rental. (The perks of having a husband that travels a lot.) With the last couple of weeks being so crazy this was the perfect break before our big move. We had so much fun in Oregon and getting to spend time with Sara, Collin and Addie. We really miss having them so close by.

My parents and two brothers drove up on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the next day we all went into Portland to go to the Zoo and have lunch in downton Portland at the vendor's food carts. Before going to the zoo we asked Mia what animal she wanted to see. She said a pig. Sadly there were no pigs but she still had a good time seeing all the other animals. She wanted to pet all of them.






After lunch at the vendor's we split up while some of the adults went to Powell's bookstore and we took the kids to get some ice cream at a yummy place called "Salt and Straws". It was a fun and relaxing trip with the family and nice to get the kids out on such a beautiful, sunny day.




Sara and I had a good time preparing for Thanksgiving as we shopped and cooked. We also enjoyed a nice girls lunch out in Newberg while we chatting about plans of starting up a blog together after the new year. :)

Thanksgiving was a huge success. We decided to try some new side dishes and all of them were SO yummy. Definitely keepers! To save on the stress of clean up on Thanksgiving we did all plastic wear but it still looked fancy once the whole table was put together. I would highly recommend this to anyone!





We flew home Friday afternoon and got home just in time to put the girls to bed and finished getting ready to move the next morning. Needless to say Saturday was a long and busy day of moving out of one place and into a new one. We had a lot of help on both ends which we were super grateful for, especially Eric's family coming out to help. I was sad to leave behind newly made friends and a ward we felt a part of, but it's so exciting to be in a house that is actually ours and I know this is where our family is suppose to be and I feel like we've moved into a great neighborhood and ward!

It's been a week since we've moved in and so far we LOVE it! Mia has barely bothered me at all since moving in as she is so entertained with all the new space to explore and room to play as well as having window's to look out of. I've been worked in getting us all settled in this week (Christmas decorations included) and only have a few more boxes to go! Life is sweet!

3 comments:

  1. What a great Thanksgiving! I am so glad you all got to fly out--how nice! We went to Salt and Straw this summer too. Delicious ice cream. I can't wait to hear more about your house. So fun that you are moved in and getting settled. It will be fun to see your projects that you will start working on. Now we've come to the point where money is running out....well, sort of. I really want to start paying off our house come the new year. Actually the first of December we made our first extra payment to the principal so that was exciting. So now I want to stop redoing the house and start paying it off. It's been so fun fixing it up that I might have a hard time not fixing stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started missing you guys the minute you left, we had so much fun! I can't wait to see the new house! I'm glad to hear that the unpacking is almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mia's hair cut! I'm keeping this style in mind for Charlotte. Congrats on your house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...