This girl's night out was very last minute, but much needed and turned out to be very fun! I was able to get some tickets to the General Relief Society Meeting last weekend on sort notice and luckily we were able to make it into a fun night out with my two best friends from high school, Sara and Ashly. Ok so Sara is my sister which we will always be best friends and we all three actually see each other every week for our weekly lunch on campus, but it was still nice to do something different and uplifting.
The Relief Society Broadcast was wonderful and as I'm sure every women who watched it, thought President Uchtdorfs talk was spot on to what we women needed to hear! Just in case you forgot and didn't get the chance to watch it here are the 5 things he told us never to forget in his analogy of the small flowers Forget Me Nots.
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself
2. Forget not the different between an acceptable sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
3. Forget not to be happy NOW!: He gave another great analogy of the golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where sometimes we are so focused on finding the golden ticket we forget to enjoy the chocolate bar itself.
4. Forget not the WHY of the Gospel.
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you!!
Every point President Uchtdorf made just really hit home to me and they are all things I needed to be reminded of! Over all, it was a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by thousands of women of the church and feeling the strong spirit that was there.
After the broadcast we walked around temple square for a bit and then we went to Olive Garden for dinner and spared no expenses with drinks, an appetizer, salad, soup and breadsticks, never ending pasta bowls and of course, dessert. Let's just say our eyes were a lot bigger then our appetites and it's a good thing we don't eat like that on a regular basis! All in all it was a very fun night out with the girls with lots of laughs and fun. And thanks to my amazing husband to watching Mia so I could go do this!