photo tabbreaker.jpg

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A little update and a little rambling

It's pretty apparent that since starting Stripes and Polka Dots...now Preciously Paired I haven't been very good at staying up on my personal blog. Sometimes I miss the outlet this particular blog gave me when documenting the growth and events of our family would sometimes lead to writing more of what was really on my mind with being a mother of two toddlers. This blog is a place where I don't really worry about writing proper sentences and structured posts; something I'm terrible at anyway. I guess it seems more like me.

Speaking of my other blog, now shop, it has been fun and an outlet in a whole other way. Sara and I get to be creative again using each other's strengths and share it with others. We're meeting so many amazing and inspiring people. I'm sure we're possibly setting our sights way higher then we'll ever achieve but it's a fun challenge. Recently we decided that blogging a couple times a week on different projects we came up with wasn't very satisfying. I love a good diy or craft but I don't believe I have the creative mind or energy to come up with multiple projects a week to share. Instead we both found that we really love more of the shop side of things. There's still a lot we have to learn and a some mistakes we're making along the way but it's exciting to create things that are for others rather then just yourself.

As for my full-time job...being a mom, I have my ups and downs with it. Both Mia and Livy are in phases that require me to constantly stay on top of them in one form or another. With Mia it's having to discipline and teach her how to be a good big sister to Livy, not talk back and listen to mom and dad. Most days I want to scream into a pillow and have my doubts that anything is getting through while in the back of my mind I wonder if I'm doing things right or instead just screwing Mia up to be a non-functioning human being. On the brighter side Mia has learned to be a really good friend to others, she still loves learning and helping and can do a lot more things by herself which she prefers. Livy is in the classic 1 year old phase where she goes from one things to the next, destroying everything in her path. My house can look like a tornado hit it about 30 minutes after the girls get up and most of it is Livy's doing. She's into EVERYTHING! She also likes to think she's Miss Independent by thinking she can run off in all directions the moment I set her down in public. However, no matter how independent she tries to be she still always comes up for a snuggle every now and again. Livy is also officially done with pacifiers. This involves a lot more screaming at our house...happy and sad. Even though it's easy to see all the difficult things about being a parent, there's something about kids that still make you love it and never want to give it up. It's funny how that works.

Basically our every day isn't much different then most people's. We have our bad days, our normal days and our really good days, but all in all we can't really complain. Life is good.

Now what most of you came here for; some picture updates:

Mia's first day of Preschool


We've started sticker charts with Mia for being good and listening. The prize for filling one was a pony ride.



It's a rare occasion when these two can play together, let alone sit next to each other without one of them screaming. I'm praying these two can grow up to be friends rather then enemies.



A few weeks ago we went out to Ely for a week. One day we went up to Cave Lake and Eric and Mia fished. Mia caught 5 fish on her little princess fishing pool. It was the cutest thing to watch her reel the fish in.





While there I also took some pictures of my little brother and parents. Even though I'm sure none of them will fess up to it, I think the pictures turned out pretty good :)




And of course a few from Halloween.




Until the next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...