photo tabbreaker.jpg

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party like it's the 80's!!!

For Eric and Tyler's 25th birthday Annelise and I threw them an 80's surprise birthday party! Can I just say, even though I was not born in the 80s I still love that decade full of neon colors, and some of my favorite music and movies! I'm not  fantastic at keeping secrets from Eric just because I am a horrible liar so he found out prior to it but it was still really fun! Thanks to all the family and friends who came to celebrate with us! 

We had a snack bar of one of the boy's favorite foods...chili cheese fries and nachos. Then we had a bunch of different candies from the 80's. I love how the cassette tape food labels turned out! It really added to our 80's theme.



I really wished it was a dress-up party, but we decided not to. I still dressed Mia in her 80's outfit anyway and Sophia was sporting her's as well.



One of my favorite things from the party...an 80's photo booth! I didn't get to making all the props I wanted to since Mia was sick all week, but the clothes were awesome. Somehow we ended up with a little of the 70's in it as well...nonetheless really fun!







Annelise and her sister Tiffany made a rubics cake which turned out really cute!



The Birthday Boys!!



For the party I made this Chex mix my family makes every Christmas season. It takes seconds to make and is absolutely delicious so I thought I would share the recipe.


White Chocolate Chex Mix

4 cups Crispix cereal
3 cups Cheerios
2 cups pretzels
1 lb. M&Ms
1 lb. White chocolate (almond bark in baking section at the store)

Melt white chocolate, pour over cereal, etc. Spread on foil to set.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome party!!! I love it! The photo booth and candy area were so cute. I love the cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it all turned out. You girls are so creative! It looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did an awesome job with the party. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish we could have come. And I love all the decorations and the cake is super cool. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some great ideas, where did you get the cassette dish tag?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...