Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party like it's the 80's!!!

For Eric and Tyler's 25th birthday Annelise and I threw them an 80's surprise birthday party! Can I just say, even though I was not born in the 80s I still love that decade full of neon colors, and some of my favorite music and movies! I'm not  fantastic at keeping secrets from Eric just because I am a horrible liar so he found out prior to it but it was still really fun! Thanks to all the family and friends who came to celebrate with us! 

We had a snack bar of one of the boy's favorite foods...chili cheese fries and nachos. Then we had a bunch of different candies from the 80's. I love how the cassette tape food labels turned out! It really added to our 80's theme.



I really wished it was a dress-up party, but we decided not to. I still dressed Mia in her 80's outfit anyway and Sophia was sporting her's as well.



One of my favorite things from the party...an 80's photo booth! I didn't get to making all the props I wanted to since Mia was sick all week, but the clothes were awesome. Somehow we ended up with a little of the 70's in it as well...nonetheless really fun!







Annelise and her sister Tiffany made a rubics cake which turned out really cute!



The Birthday Boys!!



For the party I made this Chex mix my family makes every Christmas season. It takes seconds to make and is absolutely delicious so I thought I would share the recipe.


White Chocolate Chex Mix

4 cups Crispix cereal
3 cups Cheerios
2 cups pretzels
1 lb. M&Ms
1 lb. White chocolate (almond bark in baking section at the store)

Melt white chocolate, pour over cereal, etc. Spread on foil to set.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome party!!! I love it! The photo booth and candy area were so cute. I love the cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it all turned out. You girls are so creative! It looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did an awesome job with the party. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish we could have come. And I love all the decorations and the cake is super cool. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...