photo tabbreaker.jpg

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Shout out to Sister Medlyn

A couple weeks ago while Eric was in Japan for a business trip Mia and I caught a ride home to Ely with my parents to spend the week there. Not only is it always good to be home, especially during the fall season (one of my favorite seasons for Ely) but I also got to spend some time with my best friend Ashly before she left for her mission to Tallahassee Florida.


From meeting that first day in gym class in the 7th grade, to weekly movies and dessert binges,  to crazy and unplanned trips, to speaking together at high school graduation, weekly lunches on BYU campus, from weddings, births, funerals and as of most recent a mission farewell besides my twin sister, Ashly is my closest friend.

To celebrate Ashly going on her mission and to have one last girls night before she left Sara, Ashly and I went to the General Relief Society meeting again this year. Traffic was horrific so we were a little late getting there, but it was a spiritually uplifting meeting. I loved how they focused on the atonement and what it can do for us in our lives.


My other best friend who is good enough to also keep me company when Eric is away.
 Afterwards we went to Olive Garden for dinner, but decided not to get as crazy with the ordering as we did last year. Talking miles a minute, lots of laughter and switching stories constantly, I’m sure anyone sitting around us must have thought we were the craziest group of girls. Needless to say we had a great evening!

Anyway, so this post is to a great friend but also an amazing example who has played such a big role in who I am today. I'm excited for Ashly's new adventure and think she will be a strong and faithful servant and friend to those in Florida.



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome she is going to Tallahassee like Bryce. That's where Dave served. Good mission. She'll do great. I loved your pumpkins. Looks fun. I'm sorry Eric has to be away so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...