photo tabbreaker.jpg

Monday, August 5, 2013

"We're Going To A Fair"

We just arrived home for a week packed with all things crazy and fun in Ely after doing Arts in the Park. Now I am on the recovery, sitting in my messy house, still in my pajama's and have plans to do hardly much else for the rest of the week as I watch the girls.



Here's the run down...

Last Tuesday me and the girls headed to my parent's house in Ely to finished getting ready for a fair I have been preparing for with my sister and sister-in-law. We did a booth at Arts in the Park 2 years ago and worked up the nerve to do it again this year. Both times I've really enjoyed seeing everything come together and creating a really fun booth but let me tell you...it is a WHOLE LOT of work!

Anyway, we all came out with our kids equaling 5 children at my mother's house all under the ages of 3 (talk about craziness right there) and each day we were working around the clock trying to get everything finishing in time for Saturday when the fair started.

A huge shout out goes out to everyone in my family especially my little brother, mom and super supportive husband. Both my mom and little brother basically watched our kids for the good part of the week and helped out and my husband got off a plane from a business trip Friday night and jumped in the car right after to travel out to Ely to watch the kids while I did the fair. Then we traveled home last night so he could catch a red-eye flight back to work. The rest of my family helped with set up and take down as well as with all the kids! We would have never pulled it all off without everyone! Also thanks to everyone in Ely who dropped by our booth and even bought stuff!

The fair was a HUGE success! All money aside I say success because we were able to put together an awesome booth that we had been scheming about for the past 6+ months and had a lot of people come by in admiration. It's nice after all the work we put into it to get compliments on what we did. We had a lot of people ask if we had an etsy shop and even say our booth looked like it came right out of Pinterest lol.

So for those of you who weren't able to attend here are some pictures for your view pleasure!













We scored these large shutters in a dumpster and turned it into a display wall for our booth. It was a perfect backdrop to stage some of our pieces! 




We built a pallet wall on the other side of the booth for more display room. It was quite a project trying to get these display walls up and to make them stable, but it turned out great!


I am really going to miss these two girls! Not only are they my family, but they're my crafting partners, great mother's who I look up to but friends as well! It was so fun to get to do this with them before they move away in the next couple of weeks.

Linked To:

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer... Cause I see like 20 things that I would have bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, we each had a list of things we wanted if things didn't sell. It was bittersweet when we would see things go that we wanted lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...