Just so people don't get a completely wrong idea of me and think I'm the worst mother, it's not this ALL the time, but I feel like it's happening more often then I would like. With the start of fall and the beginning of September it's always seemed to mark a "new" year or a new start for me. When I was in school it would be a time to make new goals and a start to a new routine for my new semester. So I thought this would be the perfect time to think about what makes me happy and feel more energetic as well as what are the things that are most important to me that I should be spending my time on. This has led to a list of new goals I would like to set and you're welcome to come along as well as join in my journey of becoming a better me.
- Get the girls and myself dressed and ready for the day first thing in the morning after breakfast.
- Early to bed, early to rise: I've been going to bed WAY to late and therefore wake up tired when the girls get up. So I plan to start going to bed earlier so when Livy gets up around 6:30 to eat I'll just stay up and use that as some "me" time to blog, exercise and shower.
- No computer or cell phone while the girls are awake.
- Do some kind of developmental/creative activity with Mia every day how ever big or small.
- Create a weekly cleaning and organization schedule for the housework and stick to it. I found this one on Pinterest the other day that I really liked.
- Strengthen a relationship every week whether it be my spouse, one of my girls, a friend, family member or neighbor.
Wish me luck on my first week with my new goals! Hope everyone has a great Monday!